Wednesday, April 29, 2009

blog journaling

I've tried to focus my blog on my thoughts on humanity, but sometimes you just have to write about what's going on in your life. Seems a little narcasistic, but why not.


Tuesday was one of the best nights I've had in recent memory. After work I got my first haircut since getting my head shaved back in September. I found a gay hairdresser at a unisex salon who does a great job. It's not the man spa I grew fond of back in Michigan, but the guy certainly knows hair. After the trim I went to the gym before heading out to watch the Canes game with my friend Sam Ed. Right as I was about to walk in the bar, my friend Ricky called and asked if I could pick him up at the homeless shelter. 15 minutes later I was watching the game Hi-5 with two of my closest friends.


The game was phenominal. I had to leave part way through the 2nd period to give a friend a ride home from work. At this time I also went to pick up my new scooter that I had checked out the night before and agreed to buy. I was able to complete these two tasks in time to return to the bar right as the 3rd period was beginning.


Now if game 4 was the best game I have ever scene in person, game 7 somehow managed to outdo it. The Canes trailed 3-2 for almost the entire period. Cam Ward stood on his head as the Canes left him out to dry time and time again. Somehow the Devils failed to score the put away goal. With about 2 minutes left in the game, I thought it was over and I asked the waitress for our check. With under 90 seconds to go, the Devils failed to clear the puck from their zone once again, and Gleason made the play of the season, diving across the blue line to keep the puck in the zone and then passing it along from his knees. The near clear put the Devils out of position as Pitkanen zinged a pass for a Jokinen one timer that tied the game with about 1:20 to go. The bar went nuts. The waitress came up with our checks, but I sent her away and called for another PBR. She quickly got me the beer, but before I could hardly take a sip, Eric Staal found the 7 hole on Brodeur for the game winner. It was amaizing! No team had ever been trailing a game 7 in the last 5 minutes and gone on to win. No team had ever scored a game 7 winning goal in the last minute of the game. Nothing like this had ever happenned before, and it just had happened against one of the greatest goaltenders of all time.


After things settled down, I showed off my new Tomos scooter to Sam and Ricky. After I got my car home, and Ricky home, Stephanie stopped by for a brief visit. I surprised her with my new wheels. The bike is boda boda quality and we took it out for a tandum spin around Oakwood. We had a blast and it totally reminded us of riding around in Uganda on very similar bikes. It was the perfect end to a perfect night.


Hockey, bars, beer, bikes, and girls. I just hope this means my life hasn't become completely superficial.

No comments: