Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Lady's and Gentlemen, Ricky Caldwell

I'd like to introduce you all to my good friend, Ricky Caldwell. I met Ricky down at Moore Square Park back in August. We have been great friends ever since. Ricky has a lot of noticeable differences from myself, but the most noteworthy would have to be the fact that Ricky is homeless.



Over the last few months Ricky has shared with me so many interesting stories about his life on the streets. So very often I would hear him say, "Man, Chris, you wouldn't even believe the stuff I've seen. But I tell ya, I'm going to write a book about it some day." Every time I would hear Ricky say that, the little voice in my head would say, "Yeah, right. This high school drop out is never going to actually sit down and write anything." Well, instead of being cynical, like usual, I decided to actually do something. I proudly give you rickycaldwell.blogspot.com

Ricky has worse computer skills than my Ugandan friends, so he is going to write down his thoughts on paper, and we will get together every week and try to post a blog. This is a very interesting project that I am extremely excited about being a part of. I hope it sparks some interest and maybe, some day, Ricky will fulfill his dream of writing a book.

No comments: