Monday, November 17, 2008

Yesterday's Bible Lesson

Yesterday, instead of church I went down to Moore Square for a free bacon and egg biscuit and some fellowship with the local homeless crowd. Afterwards, I went to a coffee shop and actually read my bible. I read Ecclesiastes and came across this gem of a passage:

And I discovered more bitter than death the woman whose heart is snares and nets, whose hands are chains. One who is pleasing to God will escape from her, but the sinner will be captured by her.

-Ecclesiastes 7:26

I'd like to say that this passage is the reason I am still single, but I have been "the sinner", or in my case "the fool", quite a few times in my life. I wish I could say I wasn't at all "bitter" as the passage reads. Maybe someday I'll find that special lady who is not a net and chains.

Sometimes I just can't believe the things I come across in that crazy book.

2 comments:

Sam Ed. said...

Wow, I'm glad we're friends. Posts like that make me remember why! Hahahaha!

Wanna come play? I have snares and nets!

Amy said...

I think I can speak for all of the rest of the women you know in saying... ouch!